Irrigation E3 Program
Exposure, Experience & Education for Students & Teachers
The 2022 E3 program application is now open. Apply by Sept. 23, 2022!
Irrigation E3 Learners
The Irrigation Association has an Irrigation E3 program, which supports students and teachers involved in irrigation through exposure, experience and education. Students can apply to become Irrigation E3 learners.
The Irrigation Association is excited to welcome Irrigation E3 leaders and learners back to the 2022 Irrigation Show and Education Week in Las Vegas!
A selection committee will choose a minimum of fifteen students who will receive an education and travel award to attend the 2022 Irrigation Show and Education Week, Dec. 5-9. Students will have the chance to take a variety of education classes, attend industry sessions, explore the tradeshow floor and spend time with the 2022 E3 program lead sponsor, The Toro Company.
Who qualifies to become an Irrigation E3 learner?
- students who have expressed an interest in an irrigation-related career path
- students who are enrolled (undergraduate or graduate) at a North American community college, university or similar institution of higher learning
- students who have taken or are currently enrolled in a class with an emphasis in irrigation
- students who have not been selected in prior years as an E3 learner
- students who have a graduation date of December 2022 or later
What deadlines and dates do I need to be aware of? (tentative)
- June 2022 — Application opens for the 2022 E3 program
- Sept. 23, 2022 — Deadline to submit application
- Oct. 7, 2022 — Notification of application status
- Dec. 5-9, 2022 — 2022 Irrigation Show and Education Week (Las Vegas)
- Create a SmarterSelect account.
- Complete the entire form. (You can save the form and finish later).
- Upload your resume.
- Submit the name, email, title and organization for one academic reference.
- Reference will get an email from SmarterSelect that requires them to submit a letter of reference for you.
- Submit by 11:59 p.m. Pacific, Sept. 23.
Irrigation E3 applications are due Sept. 23, with notification to award winners by Oct. 7.
For some schools, the 2022 Irrigation Show and Education Week dates coincide with final exams or the week prior to final exams; however, the E3 program schedule can be adjusted for students in these situations. Please contact the workforce development department (703.536.7080) for any questions or concerns.