Sales managers oversee all sales and customer service activities at a specific dealer/distributor location. Together with operations managers and ownership (for smaller distributors) or regional managers (for larger distributors), sales managers identify business objectives; develop budgets and financial forecasts; and implement plans to increase sales, profitability, market share and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement plans to add accounts, introduce new services, grow market share and improve profitability.
- Together with outside sales representatives, call on large or priority customers and prospects to promote dealer/distributor’s products and services, introduce new products and technologies, and present proposals.
- Work with suppliers to implement sales and marketing initiatives, as well as share customer feedback for product development.
- Hire, evaluate and develop sales representatives and product/tech support personnel to ensure that the branch is fully staffed and team members are properly trained.
- Monitor changing market conditions, business opportunities and competitors.
Education & Experience
- Four-year bachelor’s degree required.
- Five to 10 years agriculture, irrigation and business management experience required.
- Demonstrated success meeting business goals and growing sales.
- Recommended certification(s): Certified Agricultural Irrigation Specialist (CAIS), Certified Irrigation Designer (CID).
$75,000 – $95,000*
10% – 15% commission*