License a Class
Since 2012, the IA has offered class licenses for individuals who want to become an IA class provider and to companies interested in offering IA classes multiple times. After purchasing the initial license, it must be renewed annually to continue offering the course. Beginning in 2021, the IA will not be offering new class licenses to those interested in offering a class. However, companies or individuals who purchased a class license prior to 2021 are still eligible to continue offering that course with payment of the annual renewal fee. Licensed classes will be promoted on IA's website and in IA marketing collateral.
The following classes were available to license:
- Advanced Landscape Irrigation Design & Management
- Alternative Water for Landscape Irrigation
- Center Pivot Design
- Golf Irrigation Auditor
- Landscape Irrigation Contractor
- Landscape Irrigation Technician
- Landscape Drip Irrigation Design & Management
- Landscape Irrigation Auditor
- Foundations of Landscape Irrigation Design
- Principles of Irrigation: Agriculture
- Principles of Irrigation: Landscape
- Pumps and Pumping Systems
- Bidding and Estimating
Important information about licensing a class:
- Licensed materials are limited in use and distribution and may only be used for face-to-face educational purposes.
- Licensed materials may only be run on one computer at a time.
- Licensed materials may not be reproduced or modified except as to accommodate teaching style.
- IA will periodically update materials.
- The term of the agreement is for one year renewable annually.
- Licensees must provide information on location and dates where courses will be held.
- Licensees must provide attendee information in order to be listed as a licensed provider.
For more information on licensing a class, contact the IA education department. Click here to view a sample licensing contract. To view class listings and rates, click here.