Regional managers oversee the operations of more than one distributor branch, including sales and marketing, inventory management, customer service, human resources and administration. Together with ownership and headquarters staff, regional managers identify business objectives; develop budgets and financial forecasts; and implement plans to increase sales, profitability, market share, and customer and employee satisfaction.
- Design marketing and incentive programs to increase sales, introduce new products and services, grow market share and improve profitability.
- Develop and implement inventory strategy, including forecasting demand, monitoring key performance indicators at distribution centers and branches, and managing assets.
- Establish and oversee professional development plan for employees at all locations, including coaching branch managers.
- Manage relationships with suppliers, including developing strategic sourcing agreements, identifying new business partners and negotiating pricing.
- Monitor and develop plans to address changing market conditions, business opportunities and competitor initiatives.
- Ensure compliance at branch and company level with all regulations, equal employment opportunity laws and company policies.
Education & Experience
- Four-year bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Five to 10 years irrigation industry and business management experience required; distribution experience required.
- Demonstrated success meeting business goals and growing sales.
- Recommended certification(s): Certified Irrigation Contractor (CIC), Certified Irrigation Designer (CID).
$75,000 – $105,000*
10% – 15% commission*