Professional Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Senior Certification Manager
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Full-time; Exempt
LOCATION: Fairfax, VA HQ/Hybrid Eligible
BASE SALARY: $44,904-$67,356
The Professional Development Coordinator supports the Professional Development team to ensure the successful creation, implementation and operation of all IA education, certification and professional development programs and services. Highly organized and customer service focused, they will act as a key point of contact for questions related to education and certification programs and services and will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
The Irrigation Association is the recognized leader for the agriculture and landscape irrigation industry, promoting efficient irrigation technologies, products and services. We aim for a culture that provides an opportunity for creativity, offers meaning and recognizes your unique contributions to our organization.
Support to the IA’s certification programs from start to finish, including but not limited to:
- Coordinate and provide logistical support for all exams.
- Communicate throughout the process with proctors, test registrants, and exam session contact representative.
- Manage the CRM and LMS systems by creating registration and accounts, creating exam codes, maintaining certification renewals, and recording the results.
- Audit and order supplies including exam and shipping materials, and process stamp orders, as needed.
- Support invoicing process.
- Work with professional development team and other IA leadership to create and update any changes to IA certification policies and SOPs.
- Help maintain certification program content.
- Prepare data, as needed, in support of the IA’s internal and external reporting requirements.
- Provide general administrative support for certification program.
- Assist with preparations for education content, including the IA University at Irrigation Show and Education Week.
- Set-up registration for virtual, hybrid and in-person education programs including IA classes, webinars, conferences, etc.
- Support Education Manager in producing virtual education programs.
- Assist with creation of certificates of completion, as needed.
- Fulfill book orders.
- Enter and maintain enrollment data and accounts in education LMS.
- Provide excellent customer service when responding to member requests, with a focus on efficiency and accuracy.
- Serve as the point of contact for email and phone communications and answer incoming education and certification questions.
- Troubleshoot registration and class access issues and help maintain the 100,000-record CRM.
- Assist with accurate management or records, including data entry, cleanup and database integrity.
- Assist with answering the main IA phone line.
- Monitor and update the IA events calendar and certification and education webpages to ensure current program information is listed.
- Assist with financial procedures including processing invoices, issuing credits and refunds, etc.
- Work with Communications & Marketing team to support overall professional development marketing strategy.
- Other duties as assigned to drive the vision, fulfill the mission, and abide by the values of the IA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or certifications.
- At least one year of experience in customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer-service skills to work with a diverse set of stakeholders to include IA leadership and committee members, other volunteers, other association staff, the general public and IA staff.
- Ability to work in a remote organization with geographically dispersed staff.
- Computer applications skills, such as Microsoft Office and experience using databases.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- The ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Association and iMIS experience a plus.
This position is located in an office setting. It requires prolonged periods of remaining stationary. Candidates need to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc., and need to be able to move boxes weighing up to 30 lbs. They will constantly operate a computer and other office productivity equipment such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- This position is not currently eligible for fully remote work.
- Travel approximately 20% of the time, throughout the U.S.
- Travel to the Irrigation Show (one week per year, November or December)
- Travel to HQ office or other locations for in-person staff engagement opportunities (one or twice per year)
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- 100% company paid long- and short-term disability and individual life insurance
- Flexible spending account, 401(k) plan and tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid time off policy
- 11 company paid holidays
- Casual office atmosphere
- Remote workplace – with a convenient headquarters location in Fairfax, shuttle to and from the Dunn Loring metro, free parking, coffee lounge and access to building gym
For more information, visit irrigation.org, irrigationandlighting.org or irrigationtoday.org. Resumes and letter of interest can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a letter of interest will not be considered.
Irrigation Association is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.